I help companies create digital marketing, analytics, and data visualization strategies for Web sites, social media, mobile sites and apps, video and rich media, as well as manage reporting and data integration strategies. I have more than a decade of experience in consulting for digital marketing analytics, SEO, SEM, Email marketing, social media and business intelligence for Fortune 500 and Fortune Global 500 organizations.
I blog, write articles, and am a well know part of the digital analytics and marketing measurement community.
I’m an expert at measuring and optimizing digital media buys and strategies. I enjoy working with data visualization and marketing measurement tools such as Adobe DTM (Dynamic Tag Management), Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau and QlikView. I love data and data visualization, and want to help companies optimize their digital marketing strategies.
I have worked closely with Adobe in their product development direction for digital analytics and site optimization and have also been a member of Adobe’s Customer Advisory Board.
I am highly self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. I have had extensive digital marketing and analytics experience with well known brands such as FTD, REI, Ulta, Caesars’ Entertainment, Quicken Loans, Accenture, Deloitte, McKesson, HGTV, Food Network, DIY Network and John Deere.
– Tag Management
– Creating digital analytics strategies
– Cross channel digital marketing measurement
– Management of SEO, SEM, Email, and social media strategies
– Advanced data visualization and reporting
– Integrating disparate data via BI/analytics
– Web analytics implementation and best practices
– Creating mobile and video analytics strategies
– Managing multiple engagements simultaneously
– Managing multiple consultants and direct reports
Most Recent Business Experience (see LinkedIn for more):
Responsible for managing digital marketing and analytics strategies for well know, global brands, integrating multiple data sources with Web intelligence data, and optimizing e-commerce and digital marketing tactics and strategies. Responsibilities also include the analysis and measurement of the performance and return on investment of digital marketing campaigns involving email, paid search, SEO, display, affiliates and social media. Also responsible for digital analytics dashboards and reporting strategies as well as advanced data visualization.
- Managed the reporting and analysis of the marketing efforts one of the largest private, financial institutions in the United States, integrating digital site data, paid search, SEO, Email, landing page performance, print advertising, radio and television. This reporting was used to optimize and enhance future marketing campaigns.
- Integrated digital display advertising and email data with site analytics data for one of the largest e-commerce retailers of cosmetics in the United States.
- Aided a well known, Fortune 500 company in implementing a business intelligence solution integrating Web, marketing automation, sales force and other internal data sources for operations and marketing teams.
- Created strategic Web, mobile and social measurement and analytics strategies for one of the most high-end hotel organizations in the world.
- Created the analytics and measurement strategy for the largest pharmaceutical sales portal in the world, processing over $5 Billion in sales per year.
- Managed simultaneous engagements with C-level executive clients, while also managing other analytics consultants and delivering high impact results on or under budget.
- Managed complex, digital marketing and analytics strategies for companies such as Accenture, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Caesar’s Entertainment, Deloitte, McKesson, Penn Mutual Insurance, Quicken Loans, REI, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and Ulta.
Outside of work, I’ve been lucky to be married (to http://twitter.com/HollyEgan) for over 13 years and am the father of two wonderful kiddos.